Thursday 9 July 2020

Great Bureaucracy Kingdom' BK Enact America Supreme Court Ratifications

So, what the Court did is make it very likely that a grand jury may, at some point, see Trump's tax history. And that Congress won't -- at least no time soon.
Add it all up then and that's a very good thing for Trump, who has fought tooth-and-nail for years not to let the public see any details of his past financial life. 
It, of course, wasn't always this way.
"We're working on that now," Trump said in late January 2016 of the release of his past taxes. "I have big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we'll be working that over in the next period of time."
But sometime between late January and mid-February 2016 -- the space of just a few weeks -- Trump had begun to change course.
"You don't learn anything from a tax return," he said at a GOP debate in February 2016. "I will say this. Mitt Romney looked like a fool when he delayed and delayed and delayed and Harry Reid baited him and Mitt Romney didn't file until a month and a half before the election and it cost him bigly. ... As far as my return, I want to file it except for many years, I've been audited every year. Twelve years or something like that. Every year they audit me, audit me, audit me. ... I will absolutely give my return but I'm being audited now for two or three [years' worth] now so I can't."

No comments: